Click on Aegishjalmur
Custom Astrology for Me CDs
Key Transits for the Month of June 2016 (UT)
The Sun travels in Gemini for the first weeks of June, gathering new information, scratching the itch to move about or learn new hands-on skills, in addition to tinkering with one-on-one relations of all kinds. The Gemini vibration normally bestows a light and breezy mood and is very sociable, if not very deep. Yet we get far more than expected as a conjunction between Uranus, Eris and Ceres calls forth a vibration of hot, quarrelsome discord and willful assertiveness. Mars retrograde in Scorpio moves in quincunx to this trio, stirring up dirt and taking us to the basement of sex, power, control and fear in close contact-or is it combat-with others.
- June 3-7, 2016: Venus and the Sun keep close company at 12-16°59', squaring Neptune at 12°00' then opposing Saturn retrograde at 13°13', squaring Jupiter at 14°17'and then meeting officially in conjunction. Essentially, after visiting the fantasies, fears and ambitions that color our personal values, all will be burnt up in the solar pyre and then rebirthed into various new mobile forms that won't really know which end is up, for awhile. Venus will be rebirthed as the evening star; she will be walking the earth instead of wandering skyborne. The vibration is generally one of gathering knowledge and refining wisdom.
- June 12, 2016:: Mercury enters Gemini, a sign of its rulership. Affairs of the mind, communication, travel and relations are highlighted. The mind waxes more nimble and flexible, making it a little easier to adapt to new situations and people. Restlessness, impatience and a tendency to skip over details also increases, so buyer beware.
- June 13, 2016:: Neptune stations retrograde at 12°02'; the ruler of spirituality, illusion and artistry will next station direct on November 21 at 9°14'. Pisces Neptune retro loves to dwell on past woundings and sacrifices or lose itself in various mazes of the occult world. It's a good time to revisit and revise boundaries- whether speaking of Akashic records, creative projects or one's perception of reality; also favorable for relapsing into old drug, alcohol or other addictive practices.
- June 17, 2016:: Venus enters the sign of Cancer, wherein the force of desire and attraction shifts towards home affairs, lucrative collections and the principle of unconditional nurturance. Venus in this sign does magic with financial affairs and TLC in general if not dallying too long in some cave of comfort.
- June 20, 2016:: A Full Moon of climaxes at 29°32' is followed a half day later by the Summer Solstice, wherein the Sun enters the sign of Cancer and the hours of daylight are at their longest reach. The drama of the lunation and Solstice is heightened by Uranus, Eris and Ceres at 23° in quincunx with Mars retrograde at 23° 40'.
Please work to keep an even keel, as the high friction wants to act before thinking and can be quite accident-prone too. Pluto as lord of transformation and affairs of life and death is triggering the Nodes of the Moon and trine Jupiter in Virgo; fortunes can be made with the right kind of speculation, otherwise partners can pull a power-play or it's prime time to fight with parents. Mercury opposes Saturn retrograde at 11° - 51' and both are in square to Neptune retrograde at 12°01' which renders conversation more anal, dogmatic, judgemental and clueless than usual; strive to disarm with lightness and clarity instead of whanging on and on.
- June 29, 2016:: Mercury enters Cancer, a water sign which will put an emotional spin on an already heated playground. Try to use the Sun, Mercury and Venus all in Cancer to take a step back and chill out. Meditate on detachment and trying to observe from the sidelines for awhile because Mars will be stationing into forward motion at 23°
03' after backtracking for over two and a half months. The month ends with a wind-up, sling-shot sort of effect; much that was murky or bogged down in delays will go into forward motion, thankfully.
The Lunations of June
- June 4, 2016: New Moon of Beginnings at 14° 53'. "A woman holding a bundle of faggots, her hair loose and disordered by the wind She wanders in search of something." A versicle character and eccentric nature, disposed to undertake more things than he or she is able to complete, and who will either be brilliant on account of wide learning or impotent through much vexation and trouble. A degree of CONFUSION.*
This lunation occurs in conjunction with Venus (values, desire, creativity) and opposed by Saturn (limits, biases, authority, fear). Although we are pressed to make practical choices and integrate graciously with a new community or revised protocol, the sheer quantity and velocity of change will render as disturbing and chaotic. So hang close to the timeless ground of the heart chakra; let life fly as it will, as abundance will eventually follow.
- June 20-21, 2016: A Full Moon of Climaxes at 29°32'. "A spade protruding from the soil." A mind that is capable of sustaining great and arduous work, and one to whom some of the dark secrets of Nature will be revealed. There may be a taste for gardening or following the fortunes of some great mining industry or archaeological research and in such pursuits one will be a discoverer. Whatever the walk in life, the work will be difficult and protracted but success will ultimately crown the labours. By keeping a sharp, incisive mind and strong purpose, also ignoring the advice of friends and relying on one's own efforts, progress will be made. A degree of DISCOVERY.*
This lunation features the Moon and Sun at a last critical degree of the Gemini-Sagittarius axis, emphasizing karmic issues connected to loyalty, integrity and honesty, versus the perceived necessity of saying one thing and doing another; or the longing to anchor in with one partner versus the urge to be free. Grand chaos is afoot in the cosmos and power plays will be served up, whether deserved or not. The real focus is on doing what is best for health and moving away from victim mentality or enabling behavior.
*Modified from Sepharial's The Degrees of the Zodiac Symbolized.
Beginning Astrology Classes
Meditation on Uranus
Meditation on the Sun
Meditation on Mercury
Meditation on Neptune