Click on Aegishjalmur
Custom Astrology for Me CDs
Key Transits for the Month of July 2016 (UT)
Affairs will move from somewhat stuck to sudden fast-forward with the onset of July. Mars, ruler of action, libido and assertive power has resumed forward motion in Scorpio, after allowing two and a half months of reflection on the belief systems and primal patterns that can trip us up. A multitude of car accidents, health crises, job changes, flooding, several mass killings and political turmoil accompanied this retrograde transit.
Most of the planets are in forward motion which is good for getting things squared away, however two cosmic patterns will dominate the burning heavens. Saturn moves in square to Neptune, which continues to tax high-flying dreams with a hard charge of practical reality, while Uranus hovers in slow conjunction with Eris; which continues to play as high-strung tension, instability and a quarrelsome, chaotic taint to all relations. Mars will serve as an extra irritating gad-fly in the mix until mid-month.
- July 4, 2016: A New Moon of beginnings shines at 12°53’. The Moon and Sun are also accompanied by Mercury (deep new insights arising from within) in trine to Neptune (listening to the spirit world, rosy visions), in opposition to Pluto (transformations in psyche and attitude) and quincunx to Saturn (getting it all into practical form).
- July 6-14, 2016:: Venus and Mars move in hard aspect to Uranus and Eris. A great time for alternative sex or dabbling in a quick affair, however not so hot for meeting the love of your life or getting along well with them.
- July 12, 2016::: Venus moves into Leo. The goddess of love and desire in Leo is warm, expansive, generous and in the mood to dress up and give and go to great parties. She is magnanimous in love and parenting, if treated like the queen that she is; however prone to grudges and giving the cold shoulder if not appreciated.
- July 15, 2016:: Mercury enters Leo. The ruler of practical mind and communication in Leo is chatty, flamboyant, dramatic and clever; talented at entrepreneurship and inspiring in leadership as well. The issue will be if there enough space in any room for the larger egos to strut their stuff.
- July 19, 2016:: Eris stations retrograde at 23°38’; she will resume forward motion on January 10, 2017 at 22°54’. Eris and Uranus will meet three times in exact conjunction- the first was on June 8, 2016 at 23°, the second will be on Sept. 25 at 23° retrograde and the third time will be on March 17, 2017 at 22°; they will stay in close orb of influence for another year after that. Eris represents an archetype of discord, chaos and de-construction; but she is also the Feminine Divine active, fertilizing impulse, which in traditional culture (classical Greek for example) was believed to be an exclusively male domain. Think erotic shakti in motion.
- July 18-19, 2016:: A Full Moon of climaxes at 27°40'. The lunation also vibrates with Mars at 25° Scorpio in quincunx to Eris and Uranus at 23-24°. The overall combination is hard on the exchange of love given and love received, especially from out in the community. Necessity will require us to be tough about what to do to survive and thrive; lucrative new contracts can be forged with others, provided the networks and groups involved are treated with respect and due diligence. A tendency towards uber-control of situations will fare better if curbed with grace.
- July 29, 2016:: Uranus stations retrograde at 24°30', and will resume direct motion on December 29, 2016 at 22°54'. Because of the Uranian conjunction with Eris, the general earthly pace will remain fast-lane. Even if retired, the mind will be restless and a suitable channel must be found for high-octane urges to explore, learn and break free of bondages. Used poorly the conjunction will support chronic irritability, nervous disorders, volatility and lousy impulse control. Watch out for those who skillfully provoke arguments between others, then quietly walk away.
The Lunations of July
- July 4, 2016: New Moon of Beginnings at 12° 53'. "A caduceus between two moons, one crescent and the other gibbous."Extreme capacity in the pursuit of knowledge; a penetrating mind and retentive memory that can accomplish wonders in the pursuit of the subtle sciences. The temper is changeful like the moon and subject to fits of hope and despondency in rapid alternation. Much travel can occur with many changes of fortune but the chief characteristic is versatility and aptitude in the gaining of knowledge; linguists, doctors and distinguished scholars are favored. A degree of KNOWLEDGE.*
- July 18-19, 2016: A Full Moon of Climaxes at 27°40'. "A sextant and compass." Tastes are of a catholic nature; learning and rectitude will supply a reliable and useful guide; distinction and honor can be gained in some special capacity of learning. Study in navigation, astronomy, exploration and mathematics is favored; a series of successful ventures may bless those involved in the management of trading companies. The way will never be lost, nor any well-directed enterprise fail to find its end; if all undertakings are regulated by rigid and exact principles and carried out with precision and certainty of success. A degree of DEFINITION.*
*Modified from Sepharial's The Degrees of the Zodiac Symbolized.
Beginning Astrology Classes
Meditation on Uranus
Meditation on the Sun
Meditation on Mercury
Meditation on Neptune