Click on Aegishjalmur
Custom Astrology for Me
CDs or MP3's
Key Transits for the Month of June 2017 (UT)
- June 2-3, 2017:: Mars in late Gemini squares Chiron in Pisces, while Venus meets with Uranus at 27° 05'. Energy and emotion are inclined to run with the pain of abuse or rejection, or to dwell on wounds incurred in the past; however the psyche of sensuality just wants to claim its freedom and boogie on into the early summer sunshine. Hopefully a balance can be struck between head and heart, will and desire, past habits and present needs, in order to stay on the side of still getting a paycheck. The urge to move on may get too strong by month’s end, just try to have a destination secured first. Avant romantic encounters may serve as a distraction, but the shelf life will likely be short. Wallowing in the usual rut or directing ire at others is always an option, but the healthy choice is to clear out personal garbage instead.
- June 4, 2017:: Mars enters Cancer, where the energy of libido, assertiveness and aggression will be vividly colored by gut feeling. Cancer is a cardinal sign, meaning that drive is focused on decisive change and movement, if current circumstances do not oblige. Mars will be steadily applying energy for the rest of the month towards a tense t-square in cardinal signs with Jupiter in Libra and Pluto in Capricorn. Positively, the combination can bestow great vitality and vigor to all kinds of enterprises and pleasurable activities; negatively, this combination can empower the plutocrats amongst us to step up the power, control and acquisition games. Mars in Cancer does favor tantruming and other bad behavior when not getting its way.
- June 6, 2017:: Venus the ruler of love, desire, beauty and luxury enters Taurus, her sign of rulership. Venus in the sign of the Bull is at her sensual best, although some astrologers would claim she shops too much at Walmart. Positively, Venus in Taurus promotes deep feelings, affection and faithfulness in love. Pleasure, sociability, nice surroundings, fine art, music, good clothes, food and drink are favored, as is acumen in financial affairs. Taurean Venus shines her light on gain by legacy, partnership or marriage; however delays can occur due to pickiness or needing to sample the field first, before settling down.
- June 9, 2017:: A Full Moon of Climaxes occurs at 18°53', just before Jupiter stations direct at 13° 12'. The lunation is going to shortly meet up with Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius, so tactful boundaries will not be in in vogue. The emphasis is on relationships between self and friends or community associates, but the hookup isn't easy and the terms may seem oppressive.
Jupiter in Libra (establishment social contracts and belief systems) will be stationing in quincunx to Neptune in Pisces (disillusionment)which means that the powers that be are going to promote a vast bill of goods but collectively we may be tired of buying it; which impasse may also fuel a personal spiritual crisis along the way. Otherwise, at the lunation the tendency will be to righteously feel like doing what one wants, damn the consequences, but consider releasing the ego through karaoke or yodeling instead.
- June 16, 2017:: Neptune stations retrograde at 14° 15'; Neptune will move in apparent backwards motion until November 22 where it will station direct at 1128'. If this movement happens to be dragging across any personal natal planet located around 10-15°: Pisces or Virgo, the sensation may be like a prolonged swim underwater, and getting through the supermarket may feel like a climb up Everest. Neptune passing in square to any personal natal planet located at the same degrees in Gemini or Sagittarius will support ennui, screwy idealistic thinking or poor choices in romance or business. Some may have to deal with chronic illness that defies diagnosis, until later in the year. Collectively, the vibration can increase interest in recreational escapism, fuel further research into mystical byways and/or increase the penchant for victimization, whether giving or receiving it.
- June 21, 2017:: The Sun enters the tropical zodiac sign of Cancer at 5:24 am UT, marking summer solstice in the northern hemisphere, wherein the time of daylight lingers at its longest. This year Mercury, ruler of all matters mental and communicational will be combust the solstice Sun at the last degree of Gemini. Mercury as messenger will be traveling close by the Sun in Cancer for the rest of the month; the implication is that clarity of thought is apt to be eclipsed by emotion-based ego over the next three months, so plan accordingly.
At solstice Mars (action, aggression) is already in orb of forming the cardinal t-square with Jupiter (expansion, inflation) and Pluto(power, mass movement) so rashness in action over the summer months is apt to be amplified. Please notice when starting to go too fast at anything; consider the fine art of slowing down time within, especially when pressed by the world without. Finding a quiet place to abide when stimulation runs too high may become a priority. Finances are apt to ebb and flow however abundance can still be cultivated, especially if tapping the right networks or if there is a partner, including them in negotiations.
The Sun in Cancer is fruitful and reproductive; affairs connected to home, family and travel are favored, however there may be ups and downs in occupation. General buzz words include industrious, prudent, frugal and conscientious, also sensitive, versatile and changeable. The imagination runs towards the vividly dramatic and the restless are inclined to go for that over-the-top summer festival. If not completely indisposed from old age, the agenda moving into July is inclined towards the very, very busy- note that the Sun will be pouring photons into the cardinal t-square mentioned above, along with Mars.
- June 23, 2017:: A New Moon of Beginnings occurs at 02° 47'. The lunation puts emphasis on children, pleasure and having fun, even if friends are evasive or hard to deal with. The planetary picture also favors lots of talk and no do, but that road will lead to a dead end. The signature of Saturn opposed to Ceres with Eris moving them along, can certainly indicate disruptions in the food chain and people pulling fast ones to get an advantage. However Venus in Taurus trine Pluto in Capricorn trumps the action and will bestow earthly riches on those who run the errands, talk the nuts and bolts, and put their heart into the work at hand.
The last word is Industry, even while Saturn, Neptune and Pluto energy retrograde can put the spin on self-doubt and procrastination. Consider honoring the small stuff such as making the bed and cleaning the kitchen sink. Perhaps meditate on how a largely sensitive load of self-importance can really put a cramp on your dance with life.
The Lunations of June
- June 9, 2017: A Full Moon of climaxes shines at 18° 53'. "A serpant surrounded by a circle of fire." The mind is subtle and tortuous, resentful and passionate; one can be continually involved in difficulties and surrounded by dangers. Some may find themselves in a beleaguered city or in a cruel restraint, from which escape only comes with some hurt to the person or fortunes. In one form or another a fiery ordeal must be passed through and the mind will be chafed and tortured by stress and limitations. A degree of CAPTIVITY.*
- June 23, 2017: A New Moon of Beginnings occurs at 02°47'. "A troubadour stands with one foot upon the ledge of a rock, his instrument slung at his side; he is listening to the music of a cascade which falls at his feet." Bohemian habits, refined tastes and a love for things beautiful such as music, poetry, art, etc. The roaming life is favored, which brings much happiness but not great fame. Talent may applied, but there may be too much contentment in the possession of powers and too little thought of the wider uses for it. The imagination is strong, as is a love of the marvelous; great sensitivity towards the opinions and influence of others. A degree of HARMONY.*
*Modified from Sepharial's The Degrees of the Zodiac Symbolized.
Mystical Astro Meditations
Beginning Astrology Classes
Meditation on Uranus
Meditation on the Sun
Meditation on Mercury
Meditation on Neptune